To get verified on Spotify and earn that prestigious blue tick next to your artist name, you'll need to follow a few straightforward steps. These steps are designed to authenticate your identity as an artist and give you access to various features that can help you manage your profile and music on Spotify.
Here's a breakdown of the process:
- Claim Your Profile on Spotify for Artists: The first step is to put your music on Spotify. Once you've released your music on the platform, visit Spotify for Artists and click on the "Get Access" option. This step is crucial as it begins the process of claiming your artist profile.
- Confirm Your Account: You'll need to log in to your Spotify account to confirm your identity. This is a security step to ensure that you are the correct person claiming the artist profile.
- Search for Your Artist Profile: After logging in, you will need to locate your artist profile on Spotify. You can do this by searching for your artist name or pasting a URL link to your artist profile.
- Fill in Required Information: Spotify will ask you to provide some basic information about yourself and the artist profile you are claiming. This typically includes your first and last name, business email, your role (artist, manager, etc.), and your company if applicable.
- Verify Your Profile Submission: To complete the verification process, you will need to link either your Instagram or Twitter social profiles, or you can paste a link to your official artist website. This helps Spotify verify your identity as the artist.
- Wait for Verification: After submitting your verification request, it usually takes a few business days for Spotify to review your information and award you the Verified badge.
Getting verified on Spotify comes with several benefits, such as the ability to update your profile image, submit music to Spotify's editorial playlists, edit your artist bio, view streaming analytics, and access Spotify's "Artist's Pick" feature. These tools are invaluable for promoting your music, understanding your audience, and enhancing your presence on the platform.
Remember, there's no minimum number of followers required to apply for verification on Spotify anymore. The process is straightforward and free, making it accessible to all artists who have their music on the platform.